The Dead Hamlets
The second book in the critically acclaimed and popular Cross series, which follows the poor soul who woke up in Christ’s body after the Resurrection. Cross may have all of Christ’s powers, but he’s no angel.
Something is rotten in the court of the faerie queen. A deadly spirit is killing off the faerie, and it has mysterious ties to Shakespeare’s play, “Hamlet.” The only one who can stop it is the immortal Cross, a charming rogue who also happens to be a drunk, a thief, and an angel killer. He is no friend of the faerie since they stole his daughter and made her one of their own. When it appears she may be the next victim of the haunting, though, he must race against time to save her. He encounters an eccentric and deadly cast of characters along the way: the real Witches of Macbeth, the undead playwright/demon hunter Christopher Marlowe, an eerie Alice from the Alice in Wonderland books, a deranged and magical scholar – and a very supernatural William Shakespeare. When Cross discovers a startling secret about the origins of “Hamlet” itself, he finds himself trapped in a ghost story even he may not be able to escape alive!
- “The Dead Hamlets a fun, and whip-smart, read” – Vancouver Sun
- “A Rewarding, Witty, Hot Mess of Angel-Pummeling, Action and Noir Detective Fiction” – Pop Bop on Goodreads
- “The Dead Hamlets resembles something written by Neil Gaiman at times with its somewhat mystical imagery and at other times it reads as a full-blown work of bizarro fiction.” – Minneapolis Books Examiner
- “One hell of a ride!” – It’s a Mad Mad World
- The Big Idea: Featured on John Scalzi’s blog
- “I asked myself what I would do if I was immortal, and that’s how Cross became a drunken, thieving, self-loathing liar with murderous tendencies who tries to do right by his friends.” – Interview at My Bookish Ways
- What I learned about writing from the Gaudi church – Unlikely Influences
- It was a dark and stormy night – The Dead Hamlets featured on The Hook
To buy The Dead Hamlets (paperback):
To buy The Dead Hamlets (ebook):